Account means a unique account created for you to access our Services or parts of our Services.
Device means any device that can access the Services such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Services refers to www.mamoru.com and the associated application program interface or mobile applications.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of Mamoru. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Mamoru to facilitate the Services, to provide the Services on behalf of Mamoru, to perform services related to the Services or to assist Mamoru in analyzing how the Services are used.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Services or from the service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Website refers to www.mamoru.com
Types of Data Collected
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, signature, proof of address (e.g. utility bills), phone numbers, residential / office address and email address.
- Identification document such as passport, driver license, national identity card and the relevant particulars prescribed therein.
- Corporate supporting documents including Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Incumbency, company search report and constitution documents (e.g. Articles of Incorporation).
- Bank account information, regular statements and transaction history over a certain period of time.
Usage Data are collected automatically. Those may include, but is not limited to:
- Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address),
- browser type and browser version,
- the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services, including the monitoring of the usage of our Services.
- To manage your Account: The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Services that are available to you as a registered user.
- To contact you: through emails, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, we provide you with updates related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To protect you: we rely on the use of Personal Data to protect our Services against cybersecurity issues such as spam, phishing and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- To protect us: we are required to comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements relevant to our provision of Services.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: we attend and manage your requests to us on an on-going basis.
- For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services.
In preventing fraud by utilizing identity verification services, Personal Data will be furnished to a third-party Service Provider who provides identity verification and fraud prevention services.
We use Twilio's services for the purpose of receiving and sending text messaging from / to you. For more information about Twilio's Terms of Service and Messaging Policy, please visit the following links: Terms of Service and Messaging Policy.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Mamoru’s assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With regulators: We may share your personal information with the appropriate regulators whenever necessary; any financial dispute resolution scheme to which we subscribe. This includes law enforcement bodies; regulatory agencies; courts; arbitration bodies; and dispute resolution schemes. This may be both in the jurisdiction where we incorporate and internationally, as may be required by law.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
You should note that you are not obliged to give your personal information to us. If you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide our services, or your access to our services may be limited.
Except where disclosure of your personal information is required by law or requested by you, we will generally require any third party which receives, or has access to, personal information to protect it and to use it only to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
In general, personal information relating to you is held for at least a period of five years after we cease providing you with our Services.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at Mamoru’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of the jurisdiction where you are residing. Further, the data protection laws by which Mamoru complies may differ than those in your residing jurisdiction.
Withdrawal of Consent
Upon reasonable notice being given by you of your withdrawal of any consent given or deemed to have been given in respect of our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, we will inform you of the likely consequences of consent withdrawal. We will cease (and cause any of our data intermediaries and agents to cease) collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Data unless it is required or authorized under applicable laws.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by competent authorities of relevant jurisdictions where Mamoru operates.
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of us
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Personal Data is important to us, but please also keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect the Personal Data, there’s no guarantee on the absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Access, Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
You acknowledge that it’s your sole and ultimate responsibility to ensure the accuracy and correctness of your Personal Data. Please inform us as soon as possible if any changes to your Personal Data provided. You may update the accuracy or completeness of such information, and request that corrections by sending inquiries, requests and notifications to email@example.com.
We will usually respond to your request within 14 days. You may also request the deletion or destruction of your personal information, your account details or your transaction details by sending an email to us.
Upon your written request, we will inform you of the use and general disclosure of your personal information. Depending on the nature of your request, there may be a minimal charge for accessing your personal information.